Monday, May 18, 2009

The Journey to the Philippines


Last summer was one of the greatest summers of my life because I went to the Philippines. The Philippines has beautiful beaches, humongous malls, and interesting tourist attractions, but there was one really not so great part of it. The Philippines is a really poor country. It's not poor enough to be considered a third world country, but it still contains a countless number of homeless and jobless people. You see a lot of people on the streets and some are begging for money. It's really sad seeing these people but it made me realize something. After I arrived home from the Philippines, I learned how grateful I should be with the things I have and being able to live under a roof. I'm thankful for everything I've been provided with and I'm happy with the way I live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment