Monday, May 18, 2009

Emotionally Scarred



I used to live in North Carolina. The city I lived in was really awesome. I had a whole bunch of friends and the school I went to was pretty fun. There was one main important person in North Carolina that I left behind when I moved. Her name was Samantha and she was my best friend. We had all the same classes in the sixth grade and we were inseparable. I'd see her every day. We hung out during the weekends. She liked what I liked and hated what I hated. She was one of those friends that really understood you. Another person that was important to me was this guy, Mark. Mark and I had a complicated relationship. We hated each other when we first met each other. I can't remember why though. It's probably because he was smarter than me and a jerk most of the times. Later, I decided I liked him. He found out and eventually, we went to the end of the year school dance together. We went out over the summer and I even claimed to love him. Though, it was only the sixth grade and he was only my first real boyfriend.

Then the big blow came at the end of summer and I found out my family was moving to Texas. At first when I moved, I was like, "Oh I'll visit everyone once it's summer and we'll talk on the phone everyday. It's not going to be bad." After I moved, I soon learned how far away I was from everyone and we wouldn't see each other until summer. It made me depressed for months. Even though I emailed Samantha and Mark every day, it wasn't the same as talking to them in person. I got attached to North Carolina so much I wasn't willing to make new friends. After a while, I told myself I had to let go of my past and move on. Long distant relationships do not work, so Mark and I agreed to break up. Samantha understood that we were a million miles away and that she should move on too. It took some time but I made new friends and Samantha did too. I still keep in touch with my old friends but now, I'm enjoying life with my current friends, who have helped me through thick and thin. Even though they say never regret, I can't help but do. I regret not staying in North Carolina a little longer. I regret ending it with Mark even if it would have never worked out. I regret never telling some of my friends good bye. One thing I don't regret is living in Texas. Although I would like to have known what would have happened if I had stayed, I don't mind how my life is right now. There was a wound created from moving away but it's steadily healing. I am steadily healing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment