Monday, May 18, 2009

New School Is Scary

I had a tough time deciding who my Threshold Guardian is. Then I realized, it doesn't have to be a "who." It can be a "what." My Threshold Guardian is going to a new school when I last moved. I guess my Threshold Guardian can be a "who," like the students, but it's more of the idea of going to a new school, rather than the students themselves. Nothing is more tougher than going to a new school. I've had plenty of experience with attending a new school, but it never gets easier. There are plenty of things that are scary about going to a new school. A few examples are learning how to get around and getting to know new people. What I think is the worst, though, is having no one to sit next to at lunch because everyone already knows each other and you don't know anyone. It's terrifying and embarrassing to have to sit by yourself. Once you make friends though, a new school isn't so bad. Candice Allen was one of the first people I made friends with. She was nice enough to let the new girl be her friend. If it hadn't been for her, I wouldn't have anyone to sit next to for lunch or anyone to hang out with. Candice is still my friend today, but truly, she is one of the most wonderful, amazing friends I have. I'm glad I met her and being in a new school wasn't scary anymore, because Candice made it easier and happier. Now that I look back on it, a new school isn't so bad. With friends, like Candice, and a positive attitude, a new school can probably be one of your greatest experiences you'll ever have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment